- walked the kids to school (3 minutes)
- walked from the school to my work (5 minutes)
- took a walk along Lac Leman at lunch
- walked to school to pick the kids up (5 minutes)
- walked with the kids to the park (6 minutes)
- went home from the park (3 minutes)
- walked to the Coop grocery store (4 minutes)
And yes, groceries are crazy expensive. But some of the store brand items are pretty reasonable. They're tucked out of the way, but for instance, a two kilo bag of apples was 2.50. That's not bad at all. And kiwis, of all things, go on sale for really reasonable prices - 1.30 for a kilo. Yogurt is pretty cheap, too.